For your convenience we accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover. We deliver the finest care at the most reasonable cost to our patients, therefore payment is due at the time service is rendered. If you have questions regarding your account, please contact us at Raleigh Office Phone Number 919-813-7800 (Raleigh Office) or Chapel Hill Office Phone Number 919-813-7985 (Chapel Hill Office). Many times, a simple telephone call will clear any misunderstandings.
Please remember you are fully responsible for all fees charged by this office regardless of your insurance coverage.
We will send you a monthly statement. Most insurance companies will respond within four to six weeks. Please call our office if your statement does not reflect your insurance payment within that time frame. Any remaining balance after your insurance has paid is your responsibility. Your prompt remittance is appreciated. We can make arrangements for payments but this must be done prior to the actual procedure.
Insurance Processing Timeline:
Our every effort is spent on serving our patients and taking care of their needs. It is our top priority at North Carolina Endodontics to ensure that we do our best to please the patients. There are many benefits of processing claims with an insurance company. However, one of the confusing aspects is the time needed to process the claim. There are a few things you, as the patient, should understand:
- Accepted methods of payment: Cash, cashier’s check (issued from the Bank), and all major credit cards (AMEX, DISC, MC, VISA). NO PERSONAL CHECKS.
- Evaluation fee: We collect on the initial visit and file it to the insurance. If insurance reimburses us, we will reimburse the patient.
- Claim submission: Claims are submitted on the day of the procedure. The insurance company then takes an undisclosed amount of time to process the claim. This can take anywhere from 30-120 days for dental.
- Payment due: Patient copay is due on the first day of treatment. If your insurance requires a post op xray before processing claims, then we will collect the full contracted amount, as set by your insurance. If your insurance does not require a post op xray, then we will collect the patient portion only.
- Claim reception: Once we receive the explanation of benefits (EOB) from the insurance company, our financial coordinator applies the payments to your accounts. Usually the patient receives their explanation of benefits 7-10 days before the office. It takes time for our insurance claims processors to apply the payment to your account. While posting payments to the account, they are also trying to calculate if there is a refund that needs to be applied or a balance due. This process may take up to 30 days.
- Refund processing: The refund amounts are reviewed and then submitted to our accounting department. They collect the names, addresses and refund amounts to print and mail the refund checks once a month. For your benefit, this is managed by the Office Manager to ensure proper handling. This process can take up to 30 days.
- Corrected claims: A corrected claim needs to be filed if, after the procedure has been started and insurance has processed the claim, there is a crack in the tooth. We will submit a corrected claim to the insurance company with a corrected claim letter, which has to be sent to the insurance company asking them for an overpayment request. We will not know how much to refund the patient until we have all claims paid from insurance. This process may take up to 120 days.
Unfortunately, the process can take time. Each claim is carefully reviewed by an individual and we do our best to expedite the process. If you have further concerns, please feel free to contact us to speak to one of our insurance coordinators.
We do our very best to to give the most accurate estimate. We have no control over insurances, therefore, we cannot guarantee that this estimate is correct.
Your timely refund is of utmost importance to us and we appreciate your patience.